Looking to update those old worn out boots? The Brighton Free Crochet Boot Cuff pattern is perfect for just that!
These easy to crochet boot cuffs are the perfect pattern to make up when you need a quick gift and are fantastic for craft fairs too.
These crochet boot cuffs have a stretchy band that wraps around your ankle and will keep its snug fit so that the boot cuffs stay in place and inside the boot.
They look great on both tall on short style boots. Make them in lots of colours to change the look of your boots every day!
Made from basic stitches even a beginner can have success with this pattern. Check this video out for exactly how to do the special stitch.
How To Crochet Boot Cuffs
- The first part of the boot cuff to make is the the band that will sit inside the boot and fit snug around your ankle (this part will not be seen).
- This band is made making rows of single crochet working in the back loop only. This results in a stretchy band that will keep its shape even after being stretched.
- This band is crocheted in rows and then the short ends will be joined together to form a tube.
- Next it’s time to make spaces for the larger hook to fit into. This is done by working around the top of the tube making chain 3 spaces.
- Next the fun begins. Working around the tube and in the chain 3 spaces it is time to start the special stitch that creates the part of the cuff that sits outside the boot.
Scroll down for free crochet boot cuff pattern.
Love this texture? Here are more free crochet patterns to match!
These crochet boot cuffs are made from worsted weight yarn. The ones in the photo are made from Bernat Super Value. This is a super affordable soft yarn.
I have had great experience with it and find that this yarn really lasts before it looses its shape or starts to pill.
It would be easy to substitute bulky/chunky yarn and the texture will turn out great. You may want to go down a hook size though so that the cuff doesn’t turn out too big.
- 💕 Skill Level is Easy
- 💕 Skills Needed single crochet, double crochet, half double crochet, back loop only
- 💕 Made with worsted weight yarn
- 💕 One Size
- 💕 Written in Standard American terms
- 💕 Easily sub bulky yarn
- blo – back loop only
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- rnd – round
- sc – single crochet
- sk – skip
- sp – space
- st – stitch
- sts – stitches
- sl st – slip stitch
- rpt – repeat
Not required for this pattern
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Video Stitch Help
This video is not a full tutorial – you will need to follow all counts and measurements on the pattern. It is to assist in the beginning rows, special stitches and end of rows.
Hope you enjoy!
Free Crochet Boot Cuff Pattern
Using 5.50 mm hook Ch 11
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across (10) ch 1 turn.
Rows 2-34: Sc in blo (back loop only) in 1st and each sc across (10) ch 1 turn.
After row 34 the piece should measure approximately 10”
Fold in half and using slip stitches sew short ends together, end with Ch 1. This will create a “tube” shape.
Do not fasten off continue with round 1 below.
Rnd 1: Working around edge of the “tube” place sc in the end of each row around. Join with slst, ch 1 turn. (34)
Rnd 2: (Slst, ch 3, slst) in 1st and each sc around. Join with slst, ch 2 turn. (34 ch 3 spaces)
Change to 8.00 mm hook ch 2 turn
Rnd 3: Hdc in 1st and each chain 3 sp around. Join with slst, ch 3 turn (34)
Textured part of crochet boot cuff
Special stitch starts here this is the actual cuff part – see video link above for help with the stitch
Rnd 4: Chain 3 of previous rnd counts as first (dc, ch1). Skip first st, *dc in next, ch 1, skip next st, st* repeat from * to * end of rnd. Join with slst, in 1st ch 3 sp. Ch 1 turn (34)
Rnds 5 – 9: Dc in 1st skipped st under ch space, ch 1, skip next st, *dc in skipped st under ch space, ch 1 skip next st* rpt from *to* till end of rnd. Join with slst to ch 1. Ch 1 turn (34)
Rnd 10: Sc in 1st ch space, dc in skipped stitch under ch space, (sc, dc in skipped st under ch space) rpt () in each ch 1 space till end of rnd. Join with slst. Fasten off and weave in ends. (34)
Well that’s all for this free crochet boot cuff pattern. I really hope you had lots of fun making it!
Be sure to join my email list for freebies, patterns, tutorials and promotions right into your inbox and get 30% off your next purchase Yes Please!