Last Updated on January 22, 2023 by Cyprianne Nolan
Make your favorite crochet blanket in any size with this easy calculator.
Whether you want to make a baby blanket, a throw for your couch, or a bedspread, you can now use your favorite crochet blanket pattern to make a custom-sized blanket in any yarn you want.
This easy-to-use resizing calculator does all the math for you, so all you have to do is fill in the calculator below, and it will tell you how many stitches and rows to complete to make the exact size you want. You can even make matching cushion covers using the same pattern.
CLICK PHOTO BELOW AND PIN FOR LATER
This is great news for crocheters of all skill levels who want to make a one-of-a-kind blanket that is perfect for their home. No more guessing whether your gauge or starting chain is correct; this calculator does all the work for you. So grab your favorite crochet pattern and get started on your custom-sized blanket today.
All you need to do is follow a few basic steps below and all the guesswork will be done for you!
How to use the calculator: step-by-step guide
Sample Swatch Dimensions
- The first thing you want to do is make a sample swatch at least 4″ x 4″ using the same yarn, stitch and crochet hook or knitting needle you will be making the finished blanket out of.
- Decide on unit of measure and use the same unit of measure for entering your sample width, length and your desired width and length of your finished blanket. If you use different units of measure the final calculations will be incorrect.
- Enter the width and length of the sample swatch into the calculator. Note that the bigger the swatch the more accurate the calculations will be.
- Then count the number of stitches across and the number or rows down that make up your swatch and enter those into the calculator.
- Double check all the numbers you have entered above are correct and in the same unit of measure before moving on.
Finished Dimensions of Blanket
- Enter the desired width of the blanket you want to make. You can find and download a free Blanket Measurement Chart here.
- Enter the desired length of the blanket you want to make. Again make sure that your unit of measure is the same for all measurements.
- HIT TAB FOR THE CALCULATION TO COMPLETE
Keep in mind that these calculators are just estimates, so it’s always best to err on the side of buying more yarn than less. That way, if you run into any problems or end up using more yarn than anticipated, you won’t have to worry about running out mid-project
Why use the calculator: benefits of using the calculator
A crochet blanket is a great way to show your creativity and make a unique gift for someone special. But, before you start crocheting, you need to know how big to make the blanket. That’s where a crochet blanket calculator comes in handy.
There are many benefits of using a crochet blanket calculator.
First, it takes the guesswork out of sizing your blanket.
Second, it can help you budget your time and yarn by giving you an estimate of how much yarn you’ll need for your project.
And third, it can help you stay on track with your crocheting by letting you know how many stitches to complete each day.
So if you’re thinking about making a crochet blanket, be sure to use a calculator to help you plan and budget for your project. It’ll make the process a lot easier – and more fun!
Free Crochet Resource Downloads
Check out more great resources below
Free Tags, Labels, Templates & Planners
Remember when using this stitch calculator you must remember to keep your beginning chain with the correct amount of stitches for any repeats and add on any additional stitches required.
Eg 16 + 2 additional chains.
If the calculator returns a decimal number round up or down to the closest next whole number. Please note that this will slightly change the size of your finished blanket. For this reason – this calculator should only be used for items that do not require an exact size or fit.
Be sure to use the same hook size and yarn that you will be using to make your blanket to ensure you end up with the correct size in the end.
Enter your information into the calculator here
Want in on extra free crochet patterns, crochet labels, crochet planners and more? Just hit ‘yes i want in’ and join the over 7500 people enjoying these downloads and become part of the PDAFAM!
Leave a Reply