This easy crochet cowl pattern is perfect for anyone but I do find that with it’s classic styling the guys in my life seem to like it much more than some of the fancier stitches I use.
This free crochet cowl pattern is designed for someone just starting to crochet so be sure to give it a try! I promise you will be happy with the results. The written instructions for the Easy Crochet Cowl are below along with an instruction video.
Scroll down for free pattern download
Made from super bulky yarn and an extra large hook this crochet cowl pattern will give you super fast perfect results fast! Even if you aren’t new to crochet this is the perfect pattern to add to your stash for last minute gifts and craft fairs.
My favourite yarn for this crochet cowl.
- The Wool-Ease Thick N Quick has the look of 100% wool but is super soft and easy to take care of.
- Most of the colours they have are a combination of 80% acrylic and 20% wool. Depending on which colour you choose it may have a few different fibres.
- The completed cowl made from this yarn can be machine washed and machine dried. I have done this many times with great results.
- This is a fantastic yarn for beginners. It is very easy to work with it glides nicely on your hook and does not come apart when you work with it.
- And last but not least they have an amazing assortment of colours both solid variegated striped metallic and speckled.
Looking for a crochet hat pattern to go with your new crochet cowl? I can help with that BEGINNER CROCHET BEANIE PATTERN
Have fun? Here is another CROCHET COWL for yourself?
Live somewhere cold – this will be perfect for you! LEARN TO LINE YOUR HATS
Newest Posts to the Blog
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Coffee Sleeve Holder Cards
- Easy Textured Free Double Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- February Printable Crochet Planners – Valentines’s Day Themed
- Quick & Easy Free Crochet Chunky Cowl Pattern
CROCHET COWL INSTRUCTIONS
MEASUREMENT Teen/Adult – 23” X 12”
SKILL LEVEL Beginner
Ch – Chain
Sc – Single Crochet
Row 1: Sc in 2nd chain from hook and each chain stitch across (15) Ch 1, turn.
Row 2: Sc in 1st and each sc across (15) Ch 1, turn.
Repeat row 2 until piece measures 23″.
Fasten off and weave in ends.
How to download and print the pdf
- Click on the link to the PDF. A new window should pop up with the document.
- In the upper right corner of the new window, click on the download icon (the downward arrow). The PDF will now download onto your computer.
- Once it has downloaded, open up the document. Depending on what program you have to open PDFs, you may have to double-click on it or right-click and then select “Open with…”
- Once open, go to File in the top left corner of your screen and click Print (or press Command + P on a Mac).
- Select your printer and make sure you are using the correct paper size.
- On the left side, under Page Sizing and Handling, click on Fit to Printable Area.
- Make sure that Scale to Fit is checked and click on Print.
Get Social with Me
Thank you for making me part of your day! If you enjoyed making it and want more crochet inspiration, be sure to follow me on social media and subscribe to my YouTube channel. I share all my latest patterns, tips, and tutorials there, and you don’t want to miss out!
Plus, if you make something using one of my patterns, I would absolutely love to see it – and I bet other crocheters would, too.
So, use the links below to connect with me on your favourite platforms, and let’s create something beautiful together. Thank you for your support, and happy hooking!
Want in on extra free crochet patterns, crochet labels, crochet planners and more? Just hit ‘yes i want in’ and join the over 7500 people enjoying these downloads and become part of the PDAFAM!